Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Weigh in Wednesday

I'm pretty new to blogging so you guys are going to have to bear with me while I get into the swing of how it all works. I came upon the http://shrinkingjeans.net/ website a couple of weeks ago. Since I started my weight loss and fitness endeavor I have kept it all very personal and talking mostly to my husband about my challenges and triumphs. He's one of those "I love you and you're beautiful no matter what" guys and I appreciate that but it's a bit demotivating. So, I started looking around for some inspiration.

I want to keep going, I can keep going, and I WILL keep going. I've struggled with my weight since I was a teenager and in my 20s my body was in amazing shape through alot of hard work and exercise. I know what it takes for ME to be in shape and that's what it is all about. It's about ME. Making choices to be healthier and feel better because of the positive impact it will have on my life. I don't want to ever have to hide in a dark bedroom again faking sick because I dont want to go to some event where I will feel self-conscious.

The ladies on this site are amazing, each and every one of them. The members as well who's blogs I have visited. Everyone has thier own situation, problems, goals, strategies, etc. And I tell you it really makes me happy to see that there are so many other women out there who have pounded thier fist and said "That's it, I'm taking control now". It's a slow and difficult journey to any goal but I'm just happy I have found these people to look over at and see that they are sweating it out too.

One of the things that I've started doing lately is every morning I take a good look at my naked body. And I tell myself a few positive things about it. I don't let myself focus on anything negative, no worrying over stretch marks, fretting over cellulite, poking something that is hanging that shouldn't be. Nope, there are enough hours in the day to notice all of that stuff. But a good 60 seconds a day of self praise has made it easier for me to be comfortable with the body that I have and the body I will have when I reach my goal weight.

So it's time to weigh in.

Last week: 175.0 lbs
Today: 173.4 lbs

That gives me a net LOSS of 1.6 pounds for the week and my total loss so far 33.6 pounds.

Good luck for the week coming guys!!!!!

1 comments:

Heather D said...

So glad you're with the Sisterhood and congrats on your loss! Have a great upcoming week!

Post a Comment