Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day Off Anyone?

It's Sunday and I work two jobs. One at a chain pharmacy that I'm sure you all know/visit. That's just for a little extra cash. Usually I get at least one weekend day off but had to switch with someone because I was scheduled to work on Thursday but cannot. I have an appointment with an accountant. So my last day off was last Sunday and I will be working either/both jobs straight thru to Saturday coming up.

Working 12 days in a row with some of them being 12+ hour days is just another one of those things that makes sticking to my diet/exercise plan difficult. I am exhausted, no time to prepare meals, minimal sleep, housework gets behind. But I do it because my husband and I have very expensive recreational activities.

This year I want to learn to scuba dive. My husband is an avid diver and until I started getting into shape, I will admit to you that part of my hesitance to try it has been my aversion to swimsuits and spandex. I know it's silly and I am glad to be able to finally feel better enough about myself to overcome that obstacle. I mean I have been living in South Florida for almost two years, merely 2 miles from the beach and I hadn't gone in the daytime until this spring.

My birthday is coming up next month so I am hoping for diving lessons from the birthday fairy. This should hopefully be the beginning of a new type of adventure for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment