Monday, August 24, 2009

True Confessions Monday

It's that day again at the Sisterhood. Time to fess up to my transgressions. All in all I had a pretty good weekend.

Friday night we usually go out for dinner. I had a feeling that I would be having a "couple" of beers so I figured I'd do my evening workout before we ate. I took a little longer that anticipated, so our choices were narrowed down to bar food. We decided on Chili's because it's closest. Now, I will have to tell you that although my husband has been unbelievably supportive in my fitness efforts, he is an alcohol enabler. So before we even headed out for dinner he made a run to the gas station to stock the fridge with beer.

Chili's: Texas Cheese Fries...omg those are insanely good. I had them without the bacon of course. A margarita. Two draft beers. Quesadilla Explosion Salad. I ate less than half of everything but I know I really piled on some calories with the alcohol alone!!

Saturday was my cousin-in-law's birthday so I attended a little family get together for him. His mother is an amazing cook. When I'm at her home I not only feel obligated to eat what she prepares (especially since she makes a little extra effort to have something for me as a vegetarian), it's always delish and I do over-do it sometimes. AND I had three glasses of wine. So that was another diet FAIL day. I did both morning and evening exercise so I feel good about that. I usually skip exercise on days that I go out.

Sunday we went out with the birthday boy on a snorkel/dive trip. Poseidon smiled down upon him and he went home with two lobsters. We left so early in the morning that I didn't get my first exercise session in but I did snorkel a bit so that was something. Evening exercise I did and wow was it tough.

I'm not sure how things are going to pan out when I weigh in this week but, hey sometimes you gotta have fun and did I ever.

1 comments:

Heather D said...

My husband is an alcohol enabler too...pretty sure he thinks it will lead to him getting lucky. TMI. HA HA.
Good job on exercising!

Post a Comment