Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Cookie

So I went in for my usual afternoon smoothie. My husband asked me to pick him up a sandwich and the guys in the cafe got a kick out of the question "What do you have that's good for people that eat meat?". When I was being rung up I was told that I could take a bag of chips, a banana or a cookie with the sandwich.

I get sandwiches there maybe twice a week for myself and I've never been offered a cookie. Sugar cookies are just about my favourite and so I reasoned that we had chips at home and there was a banana in my smoothie so I would go for the cookie and hope for my husband to not want it.

We get our respective lunches and go home to visit the doggie. We munch, sip and chit chat and then my husband crumples up his bag. He is one to inhale his meals so you never really know which item he is chewing.

"What happened to the cookie?"
"I ate it"

I hid my disappointment and we went on with our day. After dinner I brought up the cookie again and he told me that he didn't really want the cookie but felt as though he should eat it so that I wouldn't have to.

Well, thank you very much sir for saving me from myself. I can appreciate his support on my diet journey but it's been months since I've had a cookie and it's a bit of mental torture to have had one so close to in my mouth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment