Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A little about me.

This week, sadly the scale has gone up every morning. I've been hungrier than usual and unfortunately I have some snacks in the house.

Today's weight: 175lb
Last Week: 173lb

My dream goal weight is 150lb, although I would be happy with 160lb. I at the very least use Wii Fit every morning and have also begun the EA Sports Active 30 day challenge last week.

I guess I can give some background on myself and my weight situation.

Six years ago I weighted 135lb and was a semi-professional dancer. I got married in 2003 to an Army guy who was sent to Iraq a couple of times. The emotional stress of all of that skyrocketed my weight up to about 215lb.

When he was discharged in 2006 we moved to FL and I began my weightloss journey. It was slow going but with diet and excercise I managed to get my weight back down to 180lb.

In October of 2008 I discovered that I was pregnant. Then in February 2009, I was diagnosed with Graves' Disease. That started a rollercoaster of health issues that led them to medicate me to slow down my thyroid. The new medication plus the pregnancy made me balloon up to 210lb within 3 months.

On April 1, 2009 the baby's heartbeat stopped and I lost her. A very tragic end to a difficult pregnancy.

That event led me to a new outlook on my life. I have spent almost 6 years of my life not feeling like I am myself. I was once a very creative, active and adventurous person. Stress, anxiety and self-consciousness led me to be a miserable shell of myself.

I WANT TO BE ME AGAIN!!!!

So, one month after the still-birth, I weighed in at 207lb and decided that feeling better about myself was a goal that I had to focus on in order to be able to feel good about the world around me. I started working out with the Wii Fit and so far have had amazing results.

I have a long way to go with health and other issues, but I'm working my way back to myself!

2 comments:

audrey said...

Wow, girl, you have been through A LOT! I'm proud of you for making yourself a priority and working to make healthier choices. Yes, the scale was up this week but it will go down again. And great job on exercising daily!

Brooke said...

sounds like you've come a long way on your journey. you have to be an incredibly strong woman for making it through all of that.

the sisterhood is here for you...

*hugs*

Post a Comment